Your app may get thousands of new downloads and installs every day, but how do these installs translate to your audience?
How many of these will become active, engaged, and profitable customers of your app?
Downloads and installs say little about the true health of your app. According to our research, only 40% of customers continue to use an app they downloaded a month ago— and this number plummets to 4% over the course of the first year in the customer journey.
The challenge after getting a mobile app developed and launched is keeping the users interested in using the app after the first install.
What many mobile marketers don’t realize is customer churn can be largely managed with a few simple improvements to their app’s customer experience, and boosting retention doesn’t mean you have to completely reinvent the mobile app marketing wheel.
- 1-2 weeks after each major app update
- 1 month post download
- 1 week post download
- Launch a Voice of the Customer (VOC) Initiative,
- Use contextually relevant messaging and proactive engagement strategies,
- Let users know you care,
- Give customers a reason to come back,
- Understand the math of the app business F.